Brew-Boss 240 Volt Electric Brewery Controller V3 for Do It Yourselfers
Brew-Boss V3 electric brewing controller. This option is for those that already have a gas based brewing system and want to convert to the benefits of electric brewing or want to create their own electric brewery.
This newly designed controller replaces our previous controller. It includes the following features:
● Molded L6-30P Twist Lock Plug with 15’ power cord.
● L6-30R Receptacle for the heater. This allows longer length cables to be used for connecting to the heater.
● New 20 character x 4 line Backlit LCD provides more information on the Controller. Especially nice for fermentation mode.
● Integrated wifi radio for connection to the Brew-Boss Android tablet app.
● Front mounted outlet for the pump (controlled by app) and “always on” outlet for the tablet charger.
● Front mounted temperature probe jack.
● Can be wall mounted or simply placed on a table or work surface.
● Universal voltage (208-240VAC) works in most countries.
● Industrial lockable rotary master switch is front mounted for easier access.
● Custom designed DUAL SSR for reliable heater and pump operation.
The new V3 controller includes the following improvements over previous versions:
- New 32-bit processor is faster and more powerful than previous versions
- Robust WiFi integrated into the controller with easier configuration for home and office networks
- Automatic firmware updates over the web when controller connected to internet
- Added a rotary input switch that allows users to:
- Manually control brewing functions right on the controller
- Control fermentation
- Brew without the need for the companion Android App
- Set temperature setpoints for the controller to hold automatically
- Set a countdown timer
- Control and Configure the Hops-Boss and Accu-Fill devices
- Set brewing parameters
The controller is universal for all countries that have 208-240 volt power. No separate 120 volt input is required for the USA when used with our new universal voltage DC pumps. (Note, this controller only works with 208-240 volt pumps!). The new controller also has a dedicated always on 240 volt receptacle for powering/charging the tablet! If you want to use the controller with a 120 volt pump, you will need to purchase an appropriately sized transformer device to step the voltage down for your pump. We recommend this unit or similar.
- New accessory port that allows the Hops-Boss and Accu-Fill devices to be plugged in and automatically recognized by the controller.
- Added menu functions that allow setting of operational parameters
controller requires a 208-240 Volt 30 Amp circuit with a GFI breaker
installed to operate. A digital temperature
probe is included with this controller. The controller is shipped with a
L6-30R twist lock receptacle for a heater that mates to the Brew-Boss
integrated elements. If you have a different heater, you can simply add a L6-30P plug to your heater. The L6-30R
connector provided also matches the Blichmann Engineering Boil-Coil.
If you need a complete brewing system, please see our other listings for complete systems. This listing is just for the controller and temperature probe.
NOTE: The base price for this item is for the Brew-Boss Controller and temperature probe only.
Note: We no longer sell Android Tablets with our systems. You will need an Android Tablet to run the Brew-Boss app on. We recommend a 10.1" screen or larger, but it will run on tablets with screen sizes 7" or larger. The app is not designed for phones and will not run on phones. If you don't have an Android tablet, we recommend this one from Amazon or an Amazon Fire tablet.
price it this way as many customers purchase just the controller or
just the controller and heater to convert their gas systems to electric.
If you are installing this onto your own kettle, you will also need to
add the weldless direct connect temperature probe adapter if you don't
already have a thermowell on your kettle.
Warning - Shock Hazard!
is an all electric system. It eliminates the many dangers associated
with gas fired systems, but working with electricity can be dangerous.
You can be seriously injured or worse die by electricity. This system
requires that you provide a 240VAC 30 AMP circuit and the appropriate
power plug for 240VAC systems and dual 15 AMP 120VAC circuits for 120VAC
systems. The use of ground fault interrupter(s) (GFI) is highly
recommended. If you are not comfortable or not knowledgeable with
electrical wiring please have a certified electrician wire your system.
By ordering this product, you accept all liabilities for any and all
damages that may occur by your usage of this equipment. Further you
agree to install all equipment in accordance with your local codes and
regulations as required. We will require that you sign liability release
prior to shipping you hardware.